About Us


Volunteer / Join

Needs List


Pet Health and Care

Children's Room

Media Room

How to Report Cruelty

GoodSearch: You Search...We Give!

The Pike Animal Shelter participates in the PetMeds Healthy Pet Donation Program.

The goal of the Troy Animal Shelter Coalition, Inc. / Pike Animal Shelter is to build and maintain a quality, accessible animal shelter that is a pillar in all animal welfare efforts and that adds value to the quality of life in our community.

While raising funds for the construction of a new facility, the organization sponsors adoptions in partnership with the City of Troy shelter facility, learning opportunities, and community activities that celebrate companion animals.


Report Cruelty

According to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA), "animal cruelty occurs when someone intentionally injures or harms an animal or when a person willfully deprives an animal of food, water or necessary medical care. Here are some signs that may indicate abuse or neglect:

To learn more about about reporting cruelty, visit the ASPCA web site.

To make a report of cruelty:

Within the city limits of Troy, Ala, call the city police at 334.566.0500.

Within the city limits of Brundidge, Ala., call the city police at 334.735.3333.

In Pike County, Ala., call the sheriff's office at 334.566.4347.